Sunday 25 September 2011

Where to start

Ok - so deciding to get my CCNA certification is the first in a long line of decisions. Now what do I do? After researching a bunch of stuff on the net (forums, reviews, certification websites) the consensus seems to be that it's better to use actual hardware instead of one of the many virtual router simulators. Fine. But where can I get some Cisco hardware that isn't going to cost me a bundle, and what hardware should I get?

Thankfully I found a great website called Certification Kits (used to be called Cisco Kits) http://certificationkits.com/ and they have pretty much everything you could possibly need / want in order to get certified. They offer individual pieces and helpful bundles designed specifically to help you pass your tests. So I picked out a CCNA bundle that I thought would be helpful - confirmed by the site owner who was very helpful - and ordered it.

So now I have a nice package specially tuned to help with the questions on the CCNA exam:
  • 3 Cisco Catalyst 2900 24 port switches
  • 1 Cisco 2610XM router
  • 1 Cisco 2611 router
  • 1 Cisco 2505 router
The package also came with a pile of cables and connectors and a couple of handy learning tools:
  • a CCNA Self-Study Lab Workbook
  • a Cisco CCNA certification training CD full of step by step lessons from Palaestra Training
I also decided to pick up this nifty all-in-one resource - CCNA Certification for Dummies (7 books in one)


CCNA Certification All-In-One For Dummies
All Certification Topics : CCNA Certification All-In-One For Dummies







Looks like I'm all set to go, so now the next step is to actually crack this open and start learning. Certification - here I come! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment